Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Toy


Today my mommie and daddy gave me a new toy- my very own iTouch iPod! Well, not really my very own, but I do have my own playlist where I get to download comforting ocean sounds or my favorite, whale sounds, and fun songs for the car like "Wheels on the Bus."  As you can see, I think my mommie's song choices are pretty funny (so does my daddy)- Abba is so old school.  But they do sing catchy tunes!

If anyone has suggestions for my playlist, send them on. Nothing with bad words or themes though- "Riding Dirty" is not allowed on my list as I overheard my parents saying, whatever that means!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cutest picture ever!!!

Unknown said...

really...ever!

Anonymous said...

Peter, Paul and Mary, Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger- folk singers with lots of music that appeals to kids: steady rhythyms, sweet harmonies

Songs I've found work :-) Puff the Magic Dragon, This Land is Your Land, Michael Row Your Boat Ashore......If You're Happy and You Know it Clap your Hands....and yes, Twinkle Litte Star

Kim Smith said...

After having listened to about a BAZILLION kid Cd's in my car for potential use in library story time, let me say there are a lot of EXTREMELY annoying ones out there. These are my recommends: Definitely try Laurie Berkner--maybe "Buzz Buzz" to start. She has a lot of original songs and really cool rhythms, far different from the usual kid fare. She even does this little yodelling thing with her voice, kind of like the lead singer for the Cranberries. I'm not kidding, she is way cool! I use her stuff in story time a lot and the kids (and moms) really like her! Terrific for improptu dances around the nursery! Also, pretty much anything by Raffi--old, but very good and singable.