Thursday, August 7, 2008

My First Shot


No, Uncle Clay, not my first time shooting a shotgun, my first vaccination! Yesterday was my two week visit to the pediatrician and it started off well- I had gained 6 ounces and was now 8 lbs, 2 oz and very, very close to my birth weight. I had also grown a whole inch, which is very tiring work and why I nap all day long.


Then, the appointment started to go downhill. The doctor had to put some medicine on my belly button to help heal it and it was a little uncomfortable. Then came the bad part- my first shot. Yikes! The nurse held down my leg and just jabbed it in with no warning! It hurt soo much that my face got red and I cried silently. I think my face made my mommie cry a little herself, but don't tell her I could see. I did get a neat yellow Band-Aid out of the deal.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Way to hang in there AC! Don't worry, a healthy fear of needles will serve you well come your teens and early twenties...