Thursday, October 16, 2008

China


So, as many of you know who read the blog, my daddy left for China two days after I was baptized- October 7th.  My grandmother from Boston, Memere, stayed down for the first week to help out my mommie 'cuz she went back to work after hanging out with me for 10 weeks. It's been a bit of whirlwind here in Richmond!

An update from my daddy:  he flew for 28 hours from NYC to Germany, then Singapore and finally, Bejing; he's visited Xi'an to see the army of terra cotta soldiers, seen the Forbidden City, stood in Tiananmen Square, toured a Chinese factory, tasted a chicken foot by accident (gross) and slept on the Great Wall after rappelling down the side.  

We haven't seen any pictures yet, but we did find this cool shot of the sun setting on the Great Wall.  We've been Skyping with him, so I do get to see and hear him.  

1 comment:

Pete said...

Watch out for tanks in Tiananmen Square, Randy. They might move very slowly, but they sneak up behind you and are remarkably persistent. Kind of like a Land Shark with a gun.