Monday, October 13, 2008

Baptism


October 5th was a very special day when I was baptized into the Episcopal Church at St. Thomas'. That's the same church where my mommie and daddy got married almost four years ago.  I was very lucky to have tons of family and friends come to share the day with me.  My mommie's cousin Brandon and his girlfriend Amy traveled the farthest to be with me- they came from Florida!  Daddy's friends also braved 95 on a Sunday to see me too- they're fun!

I didn't cry at all- I like church. My mommie takes me on Sundays and I like all the singing. Most importantly, apparently, I did not cry when the priest,
Sue, poured water over my head. What's there to cry about? I love having clean hair!

My baptism gown was in my mommie's family for 90 years- her grandmother wore it first back in the early 1900's- wow!  To make sure I didn't spit up on it, I had a wardrobe change and wore a different dress to the party.  

I am very grateful for my godparents, Chris and Ashley, who will always be an important part of my spiritual and everyday life, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles and all my family and friends.  I'm so lucky to have so many people care about me- thank you for loving me so much!
































No comments: