Monday, September 15, 2008

...To the Land of the Lobstah-- Boston

I've had a busy 10 days with the most exciting part being my first plane ride-- what an adventure!  With a name like Amelia, you'd think I would take to the skies like an old pro! And I sort of did.... on the way home. 

The ride up to Boston wasn't the greatest when we learned firsthand  that I have officially grown out of my newborn diapers (icky) and that I do not like to fly when I haven't eaten (I might have cried a little). 

I'm much happier on a full stomach (who isn't?), which I tried to tell my mommie but she doesn't speak baby yet. She's learning now!

Luckily, the male business travelers stuck in the back of an already overcrowded plane were very understanding and didn't actually stone mommie after she got off the plane- she just worried that they might.  Once I got into the airport and got to see all the interesting Bostonians, I was happy again. 

After that, I had a great time in Boston spending time with my Memere, Pepere, Aunt Allyson and Darren.  I also got to meet my 96 year old maternal great grandma- I'm really lucky to have three great grandmas!

Finally, the best part was meeting all the people in the North that love me and wanted to officially welcome me to the world.  I got to wear a new blue party dress and I was on my best behavior and let everyone hold me without crying.  It was a fun but exhausting being the center of attention; subsequently, I slept for the longest stretch ever- 6 hours! 

Mommie and I got home yesterday after an uneventful flight where I slept soundly.  I was so happy to wake up and see daddy picking us up at the airport. He had to stay in Virginia to go to school and missed our flying adventure.  Luckily, he gets to experience it in November for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

S. said...

i'm so sad i missed you guys...see you at thanksgiving for sure! xo