Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hello everyone!

My entrance into the world took a little bit longer than I had planned (and everyone expected). I was making good progress on the way out, but then I got kinda tied up in my umbilical cord and couldn’t tell anyone; so I made my mommie’s labor longer and harder than I planned. My mommie’s doctor told her that my name should be “trouble” because she had to go through 12 hours of natural back labor, an epidural, and then when I still didn’t arrive, a c-section. Luckily though, my mom had a good team in the delivery room- my daddy, their very good friend Tracy who is a birth assistant, and Pam, the greatest nurse ever.


When I finally arrived, I wasn’t able to breathe right away because the cord was still wrapped around my neck, but there was a NICU team there to help with that right away. I started crying very quickly, although not before scaring my new parents while they waited to hear me cry. I think maybe my nickname should be trouble!


Lots of people were waiting for my arrival- just like having my own “village”- my daddy’s parents, my mommie’s parents and my Aunt Sally Ann and Uncle Clint- were all in the waiting room and then we had tons of other people cheering for me to come, even as far away as my Aunt Allyson and Uncle Darren in Boston.


I barely got to meet my mommie and daddy ‘cuz I got whisked away to the transition nursery to make sure I would keep breathing properly. I finally got to spend time with my parent’s about four hours after I was born and I was SO happy to meet them. I’m tired now from my very long day of travel, so I’m off to bed.


6 comments:

Sally Ann Smith said...

Auntie Sally Ann and Uncle Clint love you very much and are so glad that you're here!

Ho No Mo said...

Allyson sent me the info. and the blog address. We were happy to hear that you're all doing well and see the pics. She is beautiful and you all look so happy. Congrats and take care of yourselves!

Ally and Luke Cussen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aimme & Randy! I'm glad Allyson sent me the blog. Such happy parents and grandparents. We wish you you all the best and look forward to more pictures of your beautiful Amelia. Love, Sue and Paul

Anonymous said...

I love her! She's so cute! Congrats you lucky parents!
Emily Budlong

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she's here safe and sound! I think I was the furthest away cheering her on from Toulouse, France! Can't wait to meet you little one :-)

Amy Long said...

Welcome to the world Amelia,
If your nickname is going to be trouble...I like you already! :-)
Although don't be too hard on your Momma, because I like her lots!
You are going to have a lovely life Amelia, because you have wonderful parents!
Be well sweet girl!
Love,
Amy